Monday, April 28, 2008

Chicago

Last weekend my sister, Sonia and I went to Chicago.  When she invited me to go with her a couple of months ago my first thought was "Is she crazy? I can't leave two newborns to go to Chicago!" However after she assured me that we would only be away for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon, I was in.  (And at the bargain price of $45 a ticket how could I pass it up!)

Wondering what a $45 ticket will buy?

 



Great seats to Chicago, The Musical. (Also one of my favorite movies)  I can't say enough good things about the show and it was equally wonderful to spend the day with Sonia and get a break from "mommy mode".  (Big thanks to Patrick... the kids were happy, the house was clean and the clothes laundered when I got home-- Thanks love!)

Another bonus of the afternoon was the stunning venue for the show. It was held at the recently renovated The Plaza Theatre  in downtown El Paso.  Here a few pics (borrowed from their website). Can't wait to take Patrick to a show there!

 


 Thanks Sonia for getting me out of the house for our "date"! :)  Next time we plan a girl's day out we'll have to make it a long weekend and head to the real Chicago.


 

 

(Pic of us at the Restaurant and Theatre... and no, matching outfits was not a part of our plan)

2 comments:

  1. Sooo nice to get out of the house! Ironically we got our first babysitter and got out of the house to see the show Avenue Q! We had a great time! Great show by the way...we saw it in NYC and couldn't resist seeing it again! I'm happy that you were able to get out and enjoy yourself...nice to have laundry done while gone too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tease you about that(matching outfits). So fun to go out on the town. I need to do that more often. You are pretty amazing Cristal. I think you and Patrick are doing a GREAT job with your little family!

    ReplyDelete