I began this post with an exposition on how the terrible two's were just a myth and that basic personality traits remained consistent despite developmental stages blah, blah, blah, BLAH. Who cares lady, get to the point, right ? (I'm blogging on borrowed time here.. any minute now one of my soundly sleeping darlings will start to feel the rumblings of his little baby tummy and then any chance of my sleeping before the first night's "meal" is out the window but I digress ...again.. darn this sleep deprived brain of mine. I can't seem to keep my thoughts straight. Where was I? Oh yeah my post about on being two).
Since being an official, card carrying two year old Sophia has not only nixed the whole "terrible" label but has to my surprise developed an incredible little persona. Sure there are days when her "give them hell" attitude can get the best of me but the majority of the time her sharp wit, imagination and sense of humor make me proud to be her mama.
So this is the part of the post where I would normally list a few examples to support my prior statements (you can take the nerd out of school, but you can't take the nerdiness out of me... HAHAHA... I'm not even making sense anymore) but I choose to invoke my "twin card" now and cut this post short so I can head to bed.
Point is, Sophia, years from now I may not remember all the cute or funny things that you say or do but I'll ALWAYS remember how your little two year old self looked at me this morning and said "Mom, you look beautiful. So fantastico!". Thanks honey. I think you're pretty fantastico too!
What a sweet thing for a little girl to tell her mommy! Yeah Sophia!
ReplyDelete