This afternoon I was pleasantly surprised by a call from our wonderful, crazy brave friend Janae , who despite having been around all three of our kiddos (All at once, for extended periods of time even!), offered (out of the blue) to come over and spend the evening with Sophia and the boys so that Patrick and I could have a night out.
Wow! Someone to watch all three kids? Two infants and a toddler at once? And did I mention she has two little ones of her own? That's right..... Five children (ages 2.5, 2.5, 1, 2 months and 2 months) to one fearless woman. Very, VERY, fearless.
So after some hesistation (I know what the post-5pm meltdowns at our house can be like) I took her up on her generous offer and was even able to surprise Patrick with the unexpected excursion away from home. Janae did a fabulous job with our wild bunch (fussy little Max and all) and Patrick and I enjoyed spending time alone without having to feed, burp, change, discipline, clean, rock, or soothe anyone. We didn't even talk about the kids (okay, so not the whole time).
Many, many thanks Janae! We owe you one. :)
Good for you two! My mom did the same for us this week! It was great...her offer came with a little less commitment but I'm sure she'd still offer if we were in your shoes!
ReplyDelete