Three Things About Today:
1) The more sleep I get, the more sleep my body wants. It's constantly greedy for even more. For the first time in almost five months we are finally getting several consecutive hours of sleep. Alex is sleeping through the night (mostly) and Max is well on his way. WIth each extra hour of sleep I get per night, I am seemingly that much more tired the next day. It seems as if the adrenaline supply I've been living on since February is finally reaching peak reserves. A few years ago I read an article on the subject of "gourmet naps". While I don't entirely remember the premise the concept sounds appetizing enough to me. At this point who cares about the gourmet part.. I'm happy with even a twenty minute snooze.
2) So this one isn't really about today but since I'm still drooling over it, I'll blog it too. We joined Patrick's family on Friday night for a birthday dinner hosted by his fabulous Aunt Irene. Anyone who's ever been to Irene's house knows she is the fantastic cook. We never pass up an invitation to join her for dinner because if Irene's cookin' you KNOW it's gonna be good. This time was no exception. Everything was delicious from the brisket to the red enchiladas and tamales to the salads.. I could go on and on. But then we got to the CAKE... the chocolate cake. Let me preface this entire statement by saying not only am I not a big fan of cake, I'm also not that crazy for chocolate.
It was..... hands down ....THE BEST CAKE I'VE EVER HAD. E-V-E-R.
Not only was it made entirely from scratch (frosting and all) ,it's chocolately goodness was a wonderful composition of moist, gooey, perfection that can only be described as "yummmmmmmmmm... cake".
And the best part? She gave us the leftover cake to take home and it was unbelieveably even more delicious the next morning. It sadly didn't last beyond one meal. I've informed Patrick that all I want for my birthday is another cake. I'm totally and blissfully in love.
3) Blogging about gourmet naps and chocolate cake? Truly the pondering of a mommy to newborns.
That's amazing! I wonder if Swiper will take Ryah's paci soon?
ReplyDelete