Monday, March 22, 2010
Center Stage
It should come as no surprise that the child I have on occasion described as the most high spirited and dramatic person I've ever met would love performing. Should not have doubted that she would be thrilled to flit around in front of an audience of strangers giving them her best twirls, tippy toes, theatrical leaps and all this before the recital even started. For a passing moment I contemplated asking whether she was feeling butterflies tumbling around in her tummy, although one glance at her excited expression settled that question. She waited eagerly for the other classes to finish and the moment her group was introduced she leapt off my lap and gave it her all until the music was quiet again. As a person who took twenty or so years and countless presentations to feel comfortable in front of an audience, I am proud to have a daughter who thinks nothing of performing for dozens of strangers. I only hope that the solid self confidence and fiery bravado will stick with her long after she's outgrown tutus and ballet slippers.
Labels:
First Time,
Sophia The Great
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Dang. As happy as I am with my grandson, I can't help but wish the next one to come along is a girl. Or at least someone who will wear tutus. Priceless child you have there. What a spirit!
ReplyDelete