Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary Love

[caption id="attachment_757" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="My Husband, My Partner, My Friend"]My Husband, My Partner, My Friend[/caption]

I had a hard start at this one and have probably started and restarted this a dozen times. I wanted to convey just how wonderful a husband you've been to me over the last four years without getting too sappy or cliche'. I even looked up anniversary poetry to see if someone else had the words I was searching for (and stopped when one poem I found rhymed love with dove).  So here goes my best:

Patrick

I love you even more today than the day we became husband and wife. You have been an amazing blessing in my life.  Thank you for letting me be right even when we both know I'm not (rarely), for calling me beautiful even when I'm wearing the ugly yoga pants (nightly) and for loving me even on the days I'm not very loveable (way too often).  I love you sweetheart. Happy Anniversary.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful words as your love means more to me than I can even express. Finding the magical words on a special occasion such as this is difficult at best for me, but here it goes:

    Dear Cristal,

    Thank you for the wonderful words as your love means more to me than I can even express. Finding the magical words on a special occasion such as this is difficult at best for me, but here it goes:

    4 score (years of marriage) and nearly seven years ago (actually closer to six) my life was forever changed when a mystical being speaking of pirates took the stage in a MBA class in late May. Her presence demeanor and overall beauty was the beginning of a fairy tale later told in hidden terms through a presentation on the number 7 soon to follow.

    There was a moment during our initial days together when I had to call my good friend John Mayer to step in to help in order to prevent her from escaping my life as I knew very early on that she was the love of my life.

    A short stint to the hot arm pit of Houston with another goblin Smigel was another hurdle we cleared together as fate then brought us to the frozen tundra of the prairie lands of MN.

    Here our love blossomed as we welcomed our sweet little honey girl Sophia into the world. She has forever changed our lives and made them so much more filling as we've grown together as a family enjoying all the little firsts and amazing wonderment of the world through her certain eyes.

    Then when unpredictable day in late Spring, we waited nervously for an ultrasound not knowing what God had in store for our love and family. To our total shock, Alex and Max were on their way and brought us back to NM to be closer to family.

    The trials and tribulations of a young family of three under three have tested our strength as a couple but our love has grown and you are more beautiful today on our fourth anniversary than ever before.

    There are still numerous nights and early mornings when I get the unique pleasure of watching you sleep when I know that I am truly blessed and lucky to have such an amazing, beautiful, intelligent, strong, vibrant, passionate and loving women to be the center of my world.

    Thanks for holding us all together!

    Forever your love,

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristal & Patrick, congratulations on your anniversary.

    May the Lord grant you a long happy marriage always so that you may someday experience the blessing and joy of grandchildren for which we are very thankful to you and God for making it possible for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete