The Dinosaur craze has finally reached our home.
I knew it would happen eventually. Have you ever stopped to think about how many things targeted at kids feature dinosaurs? The boys have several outfits with "cuddly" looking dinosaurs printed all over, a unnaturally large percentage of children's books and shows feature them as the main characters, other usually non-dino related cartoons like "Dora" and "Go Diego Go" have episodes on "rescuing" the extinct animals and the number of dinosaur toys in our house has climbed from 0 just a few months ago to almost a dozen in a very short time.
I'm not sure if the imbalance of testosterone in our house has led to the dinosaur explosion (how sexist of me to assume the dinosaurs are a boy centric toy, right?) but over the last few days a favorite game of our little princess, between reading books about dinosaurs and watching shows on them, is pretending to actually be a dinosaur. She especially loves ROARRRRRING loudly at Max and Alex (who love it almost as much) and stomping around the house dino-like hoping to intimidate us with her scary roar and sharp "claws".
Somehow when I pictured my little girl playing pretend it didn't include mimicking an extinct prehistoric reptile. Oh, well. At least I'm not having to deal with the seriously scary kid toys.... like Bratz. Yet.
Which is most likely to cause long term damage?
No comments:
Post a Comment