Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Better Late Than Lazy

After a quick glance at our poor neglected blog this afternoon I realized that I've only posted two other times in July! I guess we've been on a summer vacation of sorts and frankly when we've finally put all three kiddos in bed the last thing I feel like doing is sitting on our increasingly slower lap top (must be all those pics slowing it down.. note to self- burn pics to a CD before the whole thing crashes).

So for a rundown on the latest................

Patrick is forever busy with work, work and more work. In addition to his regular job, he will begin teaching a freshman level course next month. Luckily it will be during work hours so not a lot of additional time to put in during the weekends or evenings (besides prep) but it will be interesting to see how this new responsibility will play into all the other projects he has going on.

I've been contemplating taking a course in the fall (one of the benefits of Patrick's job being a couple of free classes each semester for self and spouse) but the trick is finding something I want to take in the evenings or weekends. So far I've found a Women, Politics and the Media class that looks interesting and another on Politics and Film with a concentration on the Middle East. Nerdy or not, I am a perpetual student at heart but I'm not sure whether I have the concentration (and time) available to dive into a course which will undoubtedly require several lengthy papers. We shall see. Something tells me I should probably sit it out at least one more semester.

Sophia is ,as always, her  wonderful, challenging self. She forever amazes me at the amount of knowledge she is soaking in daily and is by the same token constantly challenging me to stay one step ahead of her in terms of creative approaches to parenting a clever but willful little child. Although it can make it difficult for us as her parents, I'm definitely proud of her independence and her natural abilities as a leader.  They are traits that will serve her well as an adult.

Alex has transitioned from being a baby that most would likely describe as fussy to the most easygoing, gentle, happy of our three kids. Although he is constantly in motion (and on the verge of crawling any day now), he always has a very sweet disposition and easy smile.  In terms of personality it seems as though he'll likely be similar to his Dad... charming, down to earth and very calm.  Seems like he's becoming the  easy child I prayed for! (Who could handle three strongwilled children after all?)

Max is definitely the "baby" of the family and a momma's boy at that (which incidentally I love!)  He is most often described by others as a flirt and is constantly giggling or sharing his beaming smile with everyone.  Although he is not as mobile as his brother (but seriously Alex is crazy busy!) he is extremely curious and is constantly grabbing and pulling at EVERYTHING to investigate things further.  He's at his happiest being cuddled and held (and will loudly let you know know just how disappointed he is if feeling ignored) and reminds me most of a teddy bear... chubby, loveable and very sweet.

So that's it for now.. no exciting trips to exotic destinations to recount.  Just our ever evolving little family and the fun we have sharing daily life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment