Destination: Grandpa and Grandma Campos' home!
We haven't visited my hometown since first moving to New Mexico and the boys have yet to meet any of our Carlsbad family and friends so Patrick's trip to the Big Easy gave us a perfect reason to pack up and head out.
Granted I've packed for numerous trips before but packing for myself and three children was no small feat. Between the four of us (note: this does not include Patrick's things) we have three suitcases, three duffel bags, two tote bags, one shopping bag, one dress bag, a bag for shoes, a backpack, a stroller plus accompanying attachments, one potty chair, misc toys and books, two packages of diapers and wipes, a diaper bag, one snack bag, my purse and a partridge in a pear tree.
Get ready Grandma and Grandpa here we come! (And although it may look like it, we are not moving in.)
On another note, I always used to think my Mom was a little crazy for getting up SO early the morning of a trip. However, now that I'm the one organizing the show and my list of to do's has grown to include such small details like remembering to bring night lights (almost forgot!) and arranging to have our trash can taken out, I can see why she was up so many hours before our planned departure time.
I've also discovered another bonus for getting up at 4am.......Silence. Uninterrupted, peaceful, golden Silence. Ahhh.... sounds so good.
I hope you are enjoying your "vacation"! I can't wait to see the pictures!
ReplyDelete