Saturday, May 28, 2011

Just a couple of things 5.28.11



1) If our house were on fire the first thing I'd grab, after the kids and Patrick of course, would be our pictures and home movies. I actually have all our pictures backed up in multiple places but I'm always paranoid that our computer will crash, the two online hosting sites will lose our pics and our digital hard copies will be corrupted, all simultaneously. I stopped printing out hard copies a couple of years ago because I realized that I'd soon be out of physical space to store all our photos, not to mention the cost of printing a couple hundred pics a month, but even so all those memories are like my treasures. All that rambling was just to set the stage for just how depressed I was that the DVD camera footage we captured of Sophia's graduation was corrupted.

Of course as bad luck goes the first couple of boring minutes,  Pre-k director talking, boy scouts doing color guard or some such thing, is recorded flawlessly. Enter Sophia and her class on stage and the sound goes off and the picture continuously skips. All the way through the end. Damn it! It's not that often that I want to cry and break things, namely one DVD camera which has been a pain in my rear since the first home movie, but because it was an expensive gift I kept my rage intact. That was yesterday. I'm still bugged about it today. And likely will be for some time.  I hope the dvd camera escapes my wrath but I'm not promising anything.



2. Sweet Claire, while still very easy, is becoming slightly more difficult to hold and make content. She is the most curious baby we've had and is constantly looking for things to grab out of my hand or off the table. Most times she has a hard time focusing on nursing because she is too distracted by anything and everything that is going on around her and in the absence of a outside distraction she continuously reaches up her chubby little arms and pulls at my nose, chin and cheeks. I have a feeling that while she might not be as raucous as the other three she will be giving us reason to pull more child safety locks and maybe even a few toddler gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment