Monday, June 28, 2010

Sweet


It's hard to tell from this picture exactly whose birthday we celebrated yesterday. Although Sophia woke up singing Happy Birthday to YOU!!! (and sang it over and over again throughout the day), and the boys could hardly contain their excitement over chocolate cake and birthday candles it was actually Patrick who marked another year. 

And in honor of his birthday I'm going to brag on him again.
Yes, twice in one week.

Friday night I was set to bake chocolate chip cookies for a fundraiser bake sale I was participating in early Saturday morning. (Yes, people still do bake sales. And no, I've never participated in one that was profitable).

Unfortunately the second trimester has not been kind to me and after getting the kids to bed I wanted little to do with anything that required me to leave the couch. The plan was to get up before 6 am and bake up five or six dozen little beauties and tie them into cutesy little baggies complete with curly pink ribbon and all this before 7:20.  Just that and somehow get in a shower plus have time to get dolled up and look presentable.

Just blame the flawed plan on the mushy pregnancy brain.

At 6:20 Patrick woke me up and said "Honey, it's after 6 am."

CRAP!!!!

That's not actually what I said but I'm trying to keep it clean.

Before I could lunge frantically out of bed towards the kitchen Patrick added "But I've already started the cookies and the first batch is in the oven".

Swoon.

I don't care how adverse you are to sappy love stories. That is a good one. 
How many husbands would get up BEFORE six on a Saturday morning to make cookies of all things so their exhausted wife could get a few more minutes of sleep. 
Not very many.

Here is my prince charming hard at cookie making.
He finished making the rest of the cookies and let me take my time getting ready.
I was in charge of the cutesy ribbon part and I was able to make it out the door on schedule.


They were delicious too!



And bragging complete.

 Happy Birthday Patrick.
You are one of a kind.

4 comments:

  1. Oh and by the way, what's up with the picture's looking all professional all of a sudden. Did someone cave and by a certain program????? They are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he's a keeper for sure. Bryce would've gotten up before me too, but he'd a been at the Alberson's bakery. What a man! And you again with your over achieving...bake sale...twins...prego....4 year old.....housewife...blah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to tell you something- as much as I think my husband is just the very, very best, he would NEVER in this lifetime get up and make cookies for any reason.
    You got a good one there, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a lucky one. Patrick's just the kind of man I hope Sophia marries one day. And when she meets him I hope she's smart enough to know it!

    ReplyDelete