So you tell me, which is worse?
Not delivering a full on sloppy Mama kiss with the usual gushing of affection to each boy or hitting a "block" when writing said love infused proclamation. Does this mean my boys will grow up and think I only loved Sophia enough to write a letter on each of her birthdays? Does this mean that although we don't technically have a "baby" they will both grow up with "middle child" complex? Does this mean that I am getting lazy and a picture of their party with the boilerplate "I love you!" caption inserted under each picture will suffice? For shame!!!
Alright enough mama melodrama for one day. I'm starting over and getting it right this time.
Alex.. Even at the oh so very young age of two, your tenderness, warmth, caring and love for others shines through so brightly. You are a wonderful little person and I have no doubt that with your charm, outgoing nature and sharp wit, you will grow up to be nothing short of amazing. You remind me so much of your Daddy which despite his goofy sense of humor is a great thing. Having you in our lives has been a blessing and we can't imagine a day without seeing your sweet smile and soft brown eyes. We love you Alexander. From age two until forever.
Max. Max. Max. You are a wildman my son. Just pure choo choo-lovin', dinosaur roarin' goodness bottled into one loud, crazy little boy. You are forever making us laugh and we have no doubt that you will one day be the class clown and later the consummate frat boy. In fact one of the nicknames we've given you, based on the way you down your bottles is The Chugerator, which will undoubtedly follow you into the future. Despite all your monster trucks and caveman grunts you still are a love and getting a quiet moment to just rock and sing to you is among the things I love most. You are a blessing and a gift. We love you Max. From age two until forever.
Short. Sweet. Sappy. Just like a birthday love letter from Mama should be.
Oh and I almost forgot!! The requisite birthday photos!
SO CUTE!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm bad at letters to my boys because of having to write two of them at once! How can I come up with different things to say? I can't. I've thought about celebrating one boy on their birthday and the other on the day I found out we were having twins.
Happy birthday, Alex and Max! They are beautiful little boys.
Ah. So beautiful. All of you. Happy birthday and happy birth-day.
ReplyDelete