The thing is I'm not really in the mood to do an "Intro to 2010- Here comes another decade" kind of post. Patrick has whisked the kids away for a few hours for some fun, food and football at Grandma Nelsons and what I should be doing is laying in bed. Watching Tv. Or reading. Or sleeping. But instead I took a teeny, tiny detour to peruse other blogs and now I'm convinced that I won't just be able to pick up on say January 10th and post something that completely ignores the fact that we have entered a new year, new decade even (Although according to some mathematicians the decade doesn't really start until Jan 1, 2011 but because everyone else is calling it a new decade and I don't really get the math on that little equation I'll just have to call it a new decade too. Congratulations. You've done it again NPR. You always enlighten me with your fantastic news and information programming but now I have the burden of carrying around terribly interesting trivia that no one else is dorky enough to care about. Thanks.)
Can you tell I'm procrastinating? Should not procrastinating be on my New Year's resolution list?
Maybe yes. That and for Pete's sake I should DEFINITELY STOP eating absolutely everything in sight! (Ha! I just wrote "for Pete's sake" I'm sure that I've never said that aloud but it's fun to try new phrases in ones blog. Gosh darn-nit! Okay now I just sound like Patrick.) I mean really. It's not as though I'm pregnant or nursing anymore. I no longer have the caloric requirements of a high school boy yet my stomach and brain are convinced otherwise. Such cliche' things to put on my New Year's Resolution list.
Raise your right hand.
I ,Cristal, will stop procrastinating.
I ,Cristal, resolve to lose weight.
I ,Cristal, will strive to maintain a positive attitude.
Ugh.
I feel all I-subscribe-to-tabloid-magazines-and-read-romance-novels for even having a "New Year's Resolution" List. Aren't the odds for success better if you don't make such sweeping goals? Instead I should say "I resolve to not go back for round two after dinner." That seems doable right? Unless of course it's Enchilada night. Or the weekend. Or a holiday. Or I'm in a bad mood. Or celebrating. Or my Mom and her unrivaled cooking skills are back in town. Or it's two weeks til Jan 1, 2011 and it might work out better if I just start off fresh in 2011. Right. Scratch weight loss of the list. Insert "Read more".
Anyhow enough procrastinating. Here goes what I started off avoiding at least three rambling paragraphs ago.
My Decade in Review:
I started the decade having just graduated high school. Yes HIGH SCHOOL. In that time I went to college (can't even begin to describe how much fun that was!), earned two bachelors degrees, went to work for a few months, decided I didn't like working, went back to get a Master's, met and feel in luv with my future hubby, graduated, went to work, got married, had a baby, then two more, moved SIX times, bought a first home and had the most amazing time along the way. I am blessed people. Blessed beyond what I deserve or could ever imagine. On Jan 1, 2000 I never would have predicted or planned that in ten years this would be my life but luckily God knows what I need, far better than anything I could ever want or plan for myself.
As for our 09 Year in Review:
January
Is there a better way to start the year than surrounded by three of the most fantastic little people ever breathed into creation? Me thinks not.
Plus the boy's learned to walk. Bonus!
February
Alex and Max turned one!
March
Fun visiting Grandma and Grandpa Campos at their home "on the farm" to celebrate Grandma's birthday. I won't say which one. Besides she doesn't look a day over 21!
Plus we bought and moved into our first home.
Plus we bought and moved into our first home.
April
Family Trip with Grandma and Grandpa Campos to Disneyland, The Beach, Other California locations Plus Easter
May
Max and Alex were baptized. Afterwards we celebrated!
Plus The Start of of a Chapter We like to Call "We have become the kind of people that go to Lowe's for fun aka Welcome to Home Improvement Mania"




















So there you have it. My decade and our year in review.
Admittedly a little wobbly at the end but hey I got tired. It's a holiday. Give me a break.
Here's to a healthy, happy and safe 2010!
Max and Alex were baptized. Afterwards we celebrated!
Plus The Start of of a Chapter We like to Call "We have become the kind of people that go to Lowe's for fun aka Welcome to Home Improvement Mania"
June
Sophia went to preschool for the first time. Patrick and I celebrated our anniversary. Sophia went to her first movie (Up!), Sang "He's a Jolly Good Fellow" to Patrick on Father's Day, Then Sang "Happy Birthday" to him a week later,
July
Fun Trip To Albuquerque and Santa Fe to visit see old friends over the 4th plus more summer fun!
August
I got one year closer to 30, we had a great time at Sitting Bull Falls, and still more fun on a day trip to Lincoln with Grandma, Grandpa and Tia Sonia
September
White Sands Balloon Festival! Plus Mama took a little trip to Nashville.
October
Party at Grandpa's house, He's one year wiser! Our baby Sophia turned four. And a little Halloween Fun.
November
More Fall Fun at the Corn Maze, Pumpkin Patch and White Sands taking our family Christmas Card pics
December
Sophia's First Time at the Ballet , A Christmas Tea Party, Santa arrives with many gifts for our good boys & girl plus the kids get to see snow for the first time.

So there you have it. My decade and our year in review.
Admittedly a little wobbly at the end but hey I got tired. It's a holiday. Give me a break.
Here's to a healthy, happy and safe 2010!

No comments:
Post a Comment