Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hands are not for stabbing

I am too old to run through the house with pair of scissors.
I am too tired to climb up on countertops and attempt a back flip off.
I am too cheap to play with fire lest something of value burn to ashes.  

I am not evidently smart enough to avoid ramming a knife into my palm.

I'll spare you the long (and gory) version and just say that while attempting to scrape caramelized pecans off a plate for the decadent Triple Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie I made for hubby's office Christmas party, I became a little too enthusiastic and more importantly a little careless.  Thus the kitchen knife in the palm. Ouch. 

Blood was lost, friends were called in to watch the kids, stitches were, well stitched, Tetanus boosters were injected and now my left hand is swollen and numb BUT on the upside the pie was a big hit at the office! 

So there you have it. A wife who is hopelessly devoted to her husband outdoes herself to ensure that he has the perfect pie...bloodshed and all. 

Sounds like a certain Stepford wife earned herself an hour long massage tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment