Remember how I said I wished we would get swine flu to avoid yoga and that my next post would be just that and blah blah blah?
Of course I would be writing this less than a week later to report that one of us did in fact contract H1N1 BUT ironically enough it was the one person whose illness would not impact class attendance.... Patrick!
So just to recap one of us did get the flu, but because it wasn't me or one of the kids we'll still have to go to the final yoga class on Tuesday. How's that for divinely inspired humor?
Not convinced that God often finds little ways to turn my assertions into punch lines?
Here's a couple more examples.
Once is said that I never wanted kids and despite my intentions (and the use of Ortho Tri Cyclen) we got little Miss Sophia. (Don't get me wrong.. Having Sophia has turned into a total blessing but definitely not in my plans!)
Another time, after Sophia was born, I saw an episode of "Baby, Baby" or some other nonsense on TLC and said that I NEVER wanted twins because that would be just terrible... and Ta Dah... They are currently tearing apart the kitchen. (And I stand corrected. Having twins is actually quite wonderful.)
And I seem to remember a time that I vowed to never drive a Minivan. So yea. Not only do I drive a total Mommobile bluegreen minivan (it's not as cool Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna either) but it's also our only vehicle and I for one would love it if we could score another.
Just going off my prior track record perhaps it would be better if I said I am planning on having ten more kids and then procuring a decommissioned bus to get around town. And on top of that I am planning on never hiring anyone to clean the house, not ever getting a vacation away from the kids and under no circumstances do I ever want to win the lottery.
God, are you listening?
No comments:
Post a Comment