Well Rested? Carefree? Able to travel without the aid of a minivan, stroller, diaper bag or even a purse filled to the brim with snacks, sippie cups, random toys or wipes. Notice how we're actually BOTH in the picture, together. What a novelty!
Hard to tell but this is the real us... The real us BEFORE kids that is!
I rarely ever use this PC but since Patrick is currently on the lap top I took this as a chance to look through some of the pics saved here. A ran across this one and was surprised by how much has changed for us in the short five years since it was taken. This particular day we were at a wedding for a friend of ours from grad school. Besides having a great time at the wedding I distinctly remember driving an hour and a half home so that we'd have time to change and go out later that night. As in go out twice... in one day! In one weekend even! Imagine that... what a concept!
Times have definitely changed for us but I'm still holding out the hope that once the kids are old enough to be left with a babysitter (rather than a babysitting team) we'll get a chance to sneak away for a day or maybe even a weekend.
Whatdaya say Nelson? You up to going out TWICE in one day?
No comments:
Post a Comment