It's been around since she was a newborn. (Given to her by Thalia or Beth I think!) It was at one time an incredibly sweet, pink and purple, soft little thing complete with bright happy flowers. At some point around her first birthday Sophia picked it out amoung the many, many other blankets she had as a baby and adopted it as "her blanket". The poor thing has since been subjected to more use (and abuse) than should befall one single item. In an effort to keep it presentable I've washed, bleached, and treated it more times than I want to admit to. Unfortunately it's clear that it's beyond my help. One side has actually become coarse from all the washing but rather than find a softer, newer alternate Sophia simply makes sure the "soft side" touches her skin at night.
I wasn't sure that she noticed how dingy the thing had become until today. She was frantically looking for her blanket in preparation for her "nap" (although she never really naps anymore... with the rare exception of today... oh miracle of miracles thank you!). When I asked her which one so I could help her look (as if I needed to ask) she actually replied:
"MY BLANKET, THE PINK AND BROWN ONE!!!"
Wow.. Maybe love isn't that blind after all.
Sophia and Her Blankie in Their Newer, Softer Days
Sophia and Her Blankie Now- Both older, rougher but very well loved (notice that the coarse side facing up)
No comments:
Post a Comment