For those of you who have children this post will come as no surprise. In fact, I bet most of you will be thinking ... "You think That's bad, just wait", but for me everyday with Sophia is a learning experience.
So. For some reason I thought it would be "OK" to stop and pick up a *few* much needed items at the grocery store on our way home. Mind you, it's almost 2pm (an hour past Sophia's nap time), she hasn't eaten, she's in a grouchy mood etc etc. Yet SOMEHOW I convince myself that she'll be fine because this particular store has those(monstrous 100lb) ride in cars attached to the front of the shopping carts.
(Parents-to-be... start weight training now)
Anyhow things are going just peachy when three minutes into our shopping excursion Sophia decides she no longer enjoys being in the shopping cart car. Albeit she gives me plenty of fair warning by loudly announcing "THIS CAR IS YUCKY" over fifty times in row but I do as any good mother would do and ignore her. Figuring that she'll have to take action herself she attempts to wiggle her way out of the lap seat belt and almost succeeds when the belt catches her around the neck and begins to choke her. As composed as can be, I free her from her noose, sit her (kicking and scratching) back in the car, fasten and TIGHTEN the belt and continue shopping. At this point she is LIVID ..... but.... peculiarly quiet. Smugly, I figure I must have won the battle, finish my shopping and head to the check out line. It isn't until I'm in line, having set all my groceries onto the conveyor belt that I notice something missing. It seems that my lovely daughter has managed to remove not only her pants but also her diaper and is now proudly sitting half nude in the cart/car. Appropriately when questioned as to the whereabouts of said items she innocently replies "I lost them". And she doesn't even attempt to hide her smirk!
So yea...life with a toddler is nothing if not interesting. I can only imagine how "interesting" things will get once two more are added to the mix.
I'm laughing out loud right now...sorry I'm sure this isn't exactly funny for you yet, but it will be in good time!
ReplyDelete