Hmmmmm. Let's see, how should I approach this one? Three nicely bulled points work for you? I thought so.
1)Moms of Preschoolers conference in Nashville meant that I was gone for four days. (First "away trip" since Sophia was born in 2005. Hooray Me!) Three days of prep time to leave, four days at conference and three days spent recovering meant a total of ten days out of commission on every level including blog time.
2)The phrase "my Crackberry" has recently been added to our family vernacular. Terrible, I know. It is a great shortcut for email, facebook stalking, quick internet searches but it is dismal for blogging. Has anyone created a blackberry/blogger app yet?
3)Ever start exercising regularly and although you love it, feel invigorated by it and know how beneficial it is for your mental and physical health, you skip a day? That day quickly becomes two days, then a week and before you know it three years have gone by and the treadmill in the corner has become a clothes rack. It's like that only without the clothes rack.
So now that I confessed/whined/blamed/made excuses, can I be a little self indulgent and post pictures of me and my very lovely friends at convention? Think almost 5000 women, all mothers of children under the age of 5, 40% of whom are pregnant, the remainder drunk off a hormonal cocktail that happens when you get that many women into close proximity with each other and you'll get the gist of the weekend. Lots of talking, crying, laughing, crying and plenty of shock and awe storytelling about child birth. It was a hoot!!
(I'm the one in the flashy red. Leave it to the Latina, right?)
Naturally, no trip is complete without a Country Music Animal Band!
And did I mention how great the Opryland Conference center and hotel accommodations were?This shot was take from near our room.
Yup. It was awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment