"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to the Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."
(If you haven't seen the movie I'm sure this makes absolutely no sense but Patrick and I find it hilarious. We have a very strange sense of humor, I know. Must be why we're together!)
Thanks to us that nice fat "first time homebuyer" stimilus check we were so generously gifted by the American taxpayer REALLY is going to stimulate the economy. Thanks again Barack! Home Depot, Lowe's, Hobby Lobby, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Action Equipment Rental and a few local contractors are feeling the love as well.
Our first project was a backyard patio foundation (100% complete), followed up by privacy fencing (60% complete), backyard landscaping complete with real grass... trust me in this part of the southwest that is a novelty (45% complete), new ceiling fans for all the rooms (50% complete), shelving in garage and completed attic (100% complete), and turning Sophia's room into a true princess palace (100 % complete!). Next comes the play area and swingset, the garden for growing rosemary and jalapenos (only here right?), a porch for the backyard, landscaping the front, and perhaps a little hardwood in the living room. We will be busy for weekends and weekends to come.. and by we I mean Patrick. My job is limited to making esthetic choices and keeping the kids from wrecking the project before it's complete.
It's definitely been fun (for me anyways) and there definitely is something to the notion of "Home Sweet Home". Even the first mortgage payment we made felt so much more rewarding than mailing out the rent. We are blessed to be in our very own home... which we will own outright in only 358 short months!
[caption id="attachment_661" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Patrick and his Sub Contractors "]
[caption id="attachment_659" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Just a Little Tilling"]
No comments:
Post a Comment